description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Some of the Mullendores and "Rogers" McCamy

Ida Winfield Mullendore McCamy

Ida Winfield Mullendore McCamy  1869–1951

Birth 20 SEP 1869 Tennessee, United States

Death 15 FEB 1951 Potter, Texas,  My 2nd cousin 3 times removed.

I'm struck by this photo that was included in her Ancestry site.

 
Annie Mullendore (never married), Ida Mullendore McCamy, (Elijah) Rogers McCamy. Annie did list herself as a dressmaker in one cite, and it seems she really did look as if she could make beautiful clothes.

 I've greatly enjoyed reading about these cousins on Ancestry.  Elijah went by the name of "Rogers" and he and his wife wrote letters to his mother, Ida.  There are many of them posted on the site of their family, and I just took the time to read through them.  They are so poignant and intimate, that I was sorry when there were no more.  It is a great look at 10 years of correspondence telling about their lives.  

I'm tempted to focus upon just the facts, the bare bones of a person's life.  But when there is love shining forth, I tend to want to share that. 

Ida M will be my focus for today.

She was the 4th of 7 children born to my first cousin 3 times removed, Dr.  Elijah Leonidas Mullendore (1835-1907) and his wife, Anne Elizabeth Trundle Mullendore (1842-1891). 

Dr. Elijah was the son of Dialtha Perry Rogers Mullendore (1810-1884). Dialtha was my great times 4 aunt, sister of Micajah Clack Rogers (1795-1873), my great times 3 grandfather.  (Isn't it fun that she's a 4 times great and he's only 3? That's because grandfathers are the same level as great aunts!)

OK, I'll get serious again.

She was born in Sevier County, TN, lived in Blount County TN, and Knox County TN, all of whilch are in east Tennessee.  She also lived in Maryland for a while, and Texas.  But when she died at 81 in Texas while living with her youngest son, she was buried back in Knox County, TN.

She married at 18, in 1888 to James Lucian McCamy (1857-1915). And they had 6 children, one of whom was stilborn and one who died at age 8. Their youngest, Elijah Rogers McCamy was just 5 when his mother became a widow. 






2 comments:

  1. Christine Waldo FashJanuary 15, 2024 at 3:33 AM

    Ida Winfield Mullendore McCamy is my great grandmother. Her daughter, Ida Winfield McCamy is my grandmother, and her daughter, Patricia Loftus, is my mother. Thank you for sharing this picture of her. I remember so well seeing this picture in my grandmother's bedroom when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine Waldo FashJanuary 15, 2024 at 3:44 AM

    Ida Winfield Mullendore McCamy is my great grandmother. Her daughter, Ida Winfield McCamy’s daughter, Patricia Loftus, is my mother.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.