description

Events of importance are at Living in Black Mountain NC
My own life and my opinions are shared at When I was 69.

REMEMBER: In North America, the month of September 1752 was exceptionally short, skipping 11 days, when the Gregorian Calendar was adapted from the old Julian one, which didn't have leap year days.

Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Longest Day of the Year

Let's see, we could celebrate.

If only
there were world peace

If only the politicians weren't so crazy!

If only differences of opinion could be expressed without hurting each other.

If only our earth were cared for as she deserves.

If only generic MAN would stop behaving so badly!

If only everyone was just like me (nah, I just slipped that one in to see if you were awake.) It would be pretty boring if everyone was like me.  What a relief for diversity of form, opinion, beliefs, race, values, ages, sexes, geography, and anything else that isn't that important after all.

So for "however many hours you have today" (northern hemisphere only) I do wish you well.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, yes, the world would be boring if everyone were really the same. But it would be a better world if we all tried harder to respect it and all those who live on it. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you! If you leave your email then others with similar family trees can contact you. Just commenting falls into the blogger dark hole; I'll gladly publish what you say just don't expect responses.